Can’t get into a working track and establish the main factor in restoring vigor and health – sleep? Here are seven steps to fix the situation.
Sleep disturbance leads to irritability, distraction and even depression with all the ensuing consequences. Sleep should be about seven hours. It is believed that women need eight hours of sleep, while older people need 5-6 hours of sleep at night. However, if the sleep pattern is disturbed, the most important task is to restore it.
In order to rebuild the correct daily routine, first of all determine the starting point – the time of going to bed. If recently you went to bed at two in the morning, start shifting this time daily by about 30-40 minutes, gradually bring it to the usual rate.
In the evening read a positive book or flip through your favorite magazine, watch a good melodrama or comedy with your family. Be sure to communicate with loved ones, hug children, make pleasant plans for the near future.
Pay attention to restoring your diet. First of all, it should be four or five meals a day in small portions. You can drink coffee and eat desserts only before lunch. We prepare the right meals from healthy products. The best healthy food is Mediterranean, so make a fish, poultry menu with enough fresh and heat-treated vegetables.
It is good if the diet contains a lot of foods containing magnesium and B vitamins: sesame and flaxseed oils, Dutch cheese, yoghurts, cottage cheese, dark chocolate, fish, chickpeas, lentils, cherries, pineapples, kiwi, ginger. Magnesium is a vital element that reduces the excitability of neurons, slows down neuromuscular transmission, in combination with vitamin B6 is useful for fatigue, insomnia and stressful situations. We completely exclude high-calorie sauces and alcohol. More berries and fruits!
Turn on the pedometer
How many thousand steps have you taken today? It doesn’t hurt to add a couple thousand more. If possible, be sure to take an evening walk. Physical activity before bed, especially in the fresh air, in any weather will set the body up for a good sound sleep. Regardless of your walk, remember to ventilate the room and install a humidifier. Remember that the temperature in the bedroom should be between 16–20 ° C, and dry air will not benefit healthy sleep.
The decor in the bedroom should be conducive to quality sleep:
- There is no place for bright saturated colors: walls, curtains, bed linen should be made in a delicate pastel color.
- Pay special attention to the quality of bed linen – only natural fabrics: silk, cotton, linen, satin with their inherent breathability and softness.
- Blackout curtains should cover the windows well, not letting in street light.
- The bedroom should not have a TV, computer. Keep gadgets off and as far away from your sleeping area as possible. No phones or tablets on the nightstand.
- Elements of aromatherapy in the bedroom (only in moderation) will benefit a healthy sleep: use appropriate conditioners to rinse bed linen, sachets with lavender, lemon balm or tangerine oil lying among the linen have a good effect.
Muscle relaxation and breathing
Often, falling asleep is hampered by muscle tension: face, neck, lower back, limbs. The first thing to take care of is choosing the right mattress and pillow. A quality orthopedic mattress and the right pillow will immediately lead to the expected result.
You can also use some muscle relaxation techniques to help you fall asleep comfortably:
- Take a pine bath, put on your favorite and most comfortable pajamas.
- Free your hair from bobby pins, neck and arms from jewelry and sit on a rug against the wall.
- Raise your legs to the wall so that the body takes the shape of the letter L, press your lower back firmly to the floor, arms to the sides, inhale, followed by a slow long exhalation.
- Breathe calmly and stay that way for a few minutes.
- Have reached the desired state of relaxation – complete and calmly move to your cozy bed, where try to distract yourself from everything that prevents you from staying in a relaxed state.
Wake up with a regular alarm. Don’t get up abruptly. After waking up, think of something pleasant and kind, smile at the new day. Stretch slowly, doing a gentle warm-up for the joints of the feet and hands, then for the larger joints. Lower your legs and then, from a sitting position, stand up. Try to get ready for work without fuss. Have breakfast with pleasure, smile at your loved ones. If you did everything right, then a comfortable sleep and good morning will give you a powerful boost of vivacity for the whole day and gradually restore your usual routine and sleep.